We are getting very close to our Fall 2015 PAYSA soccer season!! We don’t want to wish the best days of our Maine summer away, but PAYSA is very excited for the upcoming season. Please save your soccer shopping for our PAYSA discount days at Dick’s Sporting Goods, August 22nd and also at Sports Authority, August 29th & 30th!! 20% off at both stores. Download the Flyers: 20% Off Dick’s Sporting Goods and Sports Authority.
This year we are offering two dates and times for each group, outlined below. You may choose either. You do not need to attend both.
Evaluations for boys’ teams will be held:
- MAY 13 | 5-6:30PM U10, U11, U12
- MAY 13 | 6:30-8PM U13 & U14
- MAY 28 | 5-6:30PM U10, U11, U12
- MAY 28 | 6:30-8PM U13 & U14
Evaluations for girls’ teams will be held:
- MAY 14 | 5-6:30PM U10, U11, U12
- MAY 14 | 6:30-8PM U13 & U14
- MAY 27 | 5-6:30PM U10, U11, U12
- MAY 27 | 6:30-8PM U13 & U14
Seacoast United will conduct the evaluation sessions for 2015. Player evaluations will be based on the 4 pillars of the game: Technical ability, Tactical understanding, Physical and Mental qualities. The evaluations will include a short warm-up, followed by small sided games, eventually leading to full size games where possible. This is a change from previous years. The location is Presumpscot Field behind the Presumpscot School. Wear cleats, shin guards, and bring water.
PAYSA attempts to place all players who wish to play travel soccer on a team, but depending on numbers and results of the evaluation process some players may not be placed on a travel team. Please do not hesitate to come out and try out if you seek an intensive town travel soccer experience. We encourage all who do not make a team to play REC soccer where competition is great and just as fun.
The Portland Area Youth Soccer Association (PAYSA) fall travel program is holding a sign-up and information night on:
- Thursday May 7th between 6 and 8pm at the Riverton School Community Room.
- Choose a 6:30 meeting or a 7:30 – 20 minute meeting
- Arrive with time to sign-up prior to the meeting
- Players who have not previously played in the PAYSA Travel League need to bring a copy of their Birth Certificate.
Parents of new and returning players for boys’ and girls’ U10 through U14 teams should sign up for evaluations. Parents attend a 20-minute meeting for an overview of the revised evaluation process. Meetings will begin at 6:30 and 7:30 pm. Sign-up night is important as it allows us to plan for the number of interested players trying out.
The 2015 fall season runs mid-August through November 1.